Antiques, Furniture, Collectables & Household Sale on Tuesday 14th March 2017
Lots subject to normal VAT rules are marked in the text-only catalogue with a single asterisk character (*) or a single dagger symbol (†) to indicate a VAT added rate of 20%.
Lots subject to normal VAT rules are marked in the text-only catalogue with a single 'at' character (@) to indicate a VAT inclusive rate of 20%.
Lots subject to normal VAT rules are marked in the text-only catalogue with double asterisk characters (**) or a double dagger symbol (‡) to indicate a VAT added rate of 5%.
Lots subject to normal VAT rules are marked in the text-only catalogue with double 'at' characters (@@) to indicate a VAT inclusive rate of 5%.
Lots marked in the text-only catalogue with a bullet character (•) are subject to the Artist's Resale Right Scheme.
Lots marked in the text-only catalogue with a small tilde character (˜) are subject to the CITES Agreement.
1. A late Victorian walnut overmantel, sectional mirror back with fitted shelf, 3ft. 6in.
2. A Victorian dark mahogany drawing-room cabinet, cupboard door with inset bevelled mirror panes, magazine and bookshelves beneath, 1ft. 10in.
3. A late Victorian dark oak hall table in Flemish style, two frieze drawers, lion-masks and carved foliage throughout, 3ft. 5in. £70-100
4. A late Victorian/Edwardian mahogany tall bookcase, tear-drop cornice above pair of Chippendale-style thirteen-pane astragal glazed doors, further pair of similar doors beneath, five adjustable shelves enclosed, 4ft. wide; 7ft. high £180-250
5. A pair of Louis XV-style marquetry tables, oval-shape with three walnut-veneered drawers, ormolu mounts, 1ft. 5in. wide £100-150
6. A Louis XV-style ormolu-mounted mahogany jardiniere stand, serpentine-shaped on cabriole legs, square top 1ft. 1in.
7. A Louis XVI-style giltwood elbow chair, upholstered in a floral cream fabric, and a moulded giltwood overmantel in rococo-style
8. An unusual Victorian mahogany cupboard whatnot, rectangular with single drawer, flame-veneered cupboard base, on casters, 1ft. 7in.
9. Two Victorian drawing room chairs, with matching buttoned upholstery, on front turned legs with casters
10. A late Victorian octagonal walnut table, undertier enclosed by spindles, 2ft. 4in., and two mahogany occasional tables, each with braced undertier
11. A set of six oak Carolean-style dining chairs, including pair of carvers, carved top-rails, caned backs and drop-in seats £70-100
12. An early 17th century oak six-plank coffer, front panel asymetrically-carved with geometric devices, 3ft. 10in. - top and strap hinges replaced SEE ILLUSTRATION £150-200
13. A late Georgian mahogany Pembroke table, with single, oak-lined frieze drawer, square tapering legs with casters, 2ft. 6in. £70-80
14. A late Victorian satin walnut bedroom chest, two short and three long drawers, brass swan-neck handles, 3ft. 4in. £50-70
15. A late Victorian ash dressing chest, adjustable mirror above two trinket drawers, two short and two long drawers beneath, original brass hardware, 3ft. 3in.
16. A Louis XV-style dark beech corner-fitting vitrine, with ormolu mounts, single glazed door enclosing shelf, vernis Martin panel beneath, 5ft. £70-100
17. A late Victorian carved beech armchair, with turned spindles, and a similar stool, both upholstered, as viewed
18. A late George III mahogany drop-leaf breakfast table, with two oak-lined frieze drawers, turned pedestal stem with four outswept legs and brass terminals with casters, 3ft. 4in. £150-200
19. A George III inlaid mahogany commode, semi-eliptical with hinged top, simulated drawer-fronts, hinged folding seat enclosed, splay feet, 2ft. 4in. £70-100
20. An early Victorian mahogany work table, flame-veneered top with drop-leaves, single frieze drawer, tapering hexagonal stem and platform base, 1ft. 4in. £80-100
21. A Victorian solid rosewood occasional table, lobed, oval top tilting upon triform pedestal stem and scroll tripod legs, top 2ft. 6in. £80-120
22. A pair of Oriental rosewood jardiniere stands, circular with inset marble tops, a pierced frieze and four legs with stretchers, 1ft. 2in. £150-200
23. A pair of Windsor bow-back armchairs, ash with elm seats, on turned legs with crinoline stretchers £80-120
24. A Chippendale-style mahogany tilt-top centre table, flame-veneered top with pie-crust border and 'bird-cage' mechanism tripod base carved with acanthus and ball and claw feet, top 2ft. 9in. diameter £100-150
25. A Regency-period brass-inlaid mahogany dining chair, elaborately-cut brass and carved detail, drop-in seat, together with an Edwardian circular, inlaid mahogany jardiniere stand £60-80
26. A George III mahogany bureau, fall-front enclosing eight pigeonholes and seven shallow drawers, four long oak-lined drawers beneath, mouldings carved with lunettes, circa 1760, 3ft. 4in. £150-200
27. A burr walnut veneered chest, cross-banded top above two drawers, further fall-front drawer beneath, on bracket feet with casters, 2ft. 4in. £60-80
28. A pair of George IV mahogany dining chairs, bar-backs inlaid with brass stringing, drop-in seats on front reeded legs £50-70
29. A George III oak bureau, fall-front enclosing an arrangement of drawers, pigeon-holes and central cupboard, four long, graduated drawers beneath, oval, pressed brass handles, bracket feet, 2ft. 10in. £60-80
30. A small Edwardian inlaid mahogany bureau, fall-front enclosing fittings, three long drawers beneath, brass swan-neck handles, 2ft. 1in.
31. A Victorian oak hall chair, with gothic back, together with a small Victorian altar table, 1ft. 9in.
32. A Queen Anne-style burr walnut hall table, half-round with single frieze drawer, shaped frieze above four cabriole legs, 2ft. 6in. £50-70
33. A Victorian mahogany-framed nursing chair, upholstered in a buttoned pink brocade, front turned legs with casters
34. An early 19th century mahogany Pembroke table, with single frieze drawer, on reeded, tapering legs with casters, 2ft. 10in. - top split £60-80
35. A good quality solid medium oak bookcase, pair of astragal-glazed doors enclosing three adjustable shelves, panelled cupboard base with two drawers, 3ft. 3in. wide; 6ft. 4in. high £60-80
36. A George V mahogany sideboard, raised back above two drawers and two cupboards, brass hardware, 5ft. wide
37. A Multiyork solid walnut bergere settee, double-caned with loose cushions in sea-green brocade £80-100
38. A Georgian-style mahogany toilet mirror, inlaid cane-seated single chair, spindle-back single chair with dished solid seat, and a rush-seated stool
39. A good, reproduction oak floor-standing corner cupboard, shelves enclosed by two arched, panelled doors, 6ft. 2in. £70-100
40. An early Victorian grained pine chest, two drawers with turned wood knob handles, 2ft. 1in.
41. A Victorian pine dining table, rectangular four-plank top above two frieze drawers, square tapering legs, painted black banding throughout, top 5ft x 2ft 11in. £150-250
42. A mahogany writing table, rectangular-shape on square legs, 3ft. 10in.
43. A George III mahogany kneehole desk, arrangement of eight drawers and central cupboard, brass swan-neck handles, bracket feet, circa 1770, 2ft. 9in. £350-450
44. A Victorian mahogany breakfast table, oval top tilting upon reeded stem and four carved outswept legs with casters, top 4ft. 5in. £100-150
45. A Georgian-style mahogany elbow chair, back carved in neo-classical style, shepherd's crook arms, on cabriole legs, one arm detached
46. A Victorian mahogany Pembroke table, with single frieze drawer, turned legs with casters, 2ft. 8in., together with an Edwardian oval inlaid mahogany occasional table - as viewed
47. An Edwardian inlaid mahogany display cabinet, pair of astragal-glazed doors enclosing lined interior with two shelves, frieze inlaid with ribbons, pendant husks and a Vitruvian scroll, 3ft. 7in. wide £150-200
48. A pair of Edwardian inlaid mahogany drawing-room elbow chairs, with upholstered seats and backs, together with a pair of Edwardian mahogany slat-back drawing-room single chairs
49. An Edwardian inlaid mahogany drawing-room suite, two-seater settee and pair of single chairs, pierced slat backs and non-matching upholstery £50-70
50. An Edwardian inlaid mahogany writing table, two frieze drawers, one with stationery divisions, brass swan-neck handles, on casters, 2ft. 6in., together with a similar corner-fitting elbow chair £70-80
51. An Edwardian inlaid mahogany seven-piece drawing-room suite, inlaid leaf-scrolls in boxwood and holly, shield-shape backs upholstered in a blue fabric - some repairs £300-350
52. A Louis XVI-style mahogany jardiniere stand, circular with brass mounts throughout, tapering fluted legs, retailer's label, Chipperfield & Butler, Regency House, Brighton
53. WITHDRAWN A late 19th century Swiss carved walnut elbow chair, in the style of Peter Abegglen, Brienz, carved throughout with elephants, mulberry trees and leaves on elephant head and trunk legs £300-400
54. An Edwardian inlaid mahogany display cabinet, pair of glazed doors enclosing two fitted, lined shelves, boxwood inlay in neo-classical style, 3ft. 8in. £150-200
55. A Victorian mahogany linen press, pair of panelled doors enclosing two adjustable shelves, six drawers beneath enclosed by a pair of panelled doors, ogee bracket feet, 4ft. 5in. wide £100-150
56. A pair of Art Deco frameless wall mirrors, tall oblong shape with angular tracery designs, 5ft. 2in. high £50-70
57. A pair of Chippendale-period mahogany dining chairs, with pierced splats and drop-in seats, one chair all legs modified, together with an oval, moulded gilt mirror with bevelled plate, 2ft. 8in.
58. A pair of Victorian oak hall chairs, pierced architectural backs and solid seats, octagonal tapering legs
59. A Globe Wernicke dark oak bookcase, four glazed sections, unusual with keyholes, 2ft. 10in. £100-150
60. A George II mahogany card table, rectangular top enclosing square counter-wells and baize lining, single, oak-lined frieze drawer, on lapetted turned legs with pad feet, circa 1750, 3ft. 1in. - faults
61. An 18th century oak gateleg table, with single drawer, on baluster-turned underframe, 3ft. 6in.
62. A narrow mahogany display cabinet, with three lockable glazed sections and lockable cupboard base, 2ft. 3in.
63. A mahogany display unit, inlaid with brass, six lockable glazed sections, 5ft. 6in. wide
64. A late Victorian mahogany music chest, five fall-front drawers with embossed copper handles, open recess beneath
65. A late Victorian walnut writing table, inset gilt-tooled leather top above two frieze drawers, on turned tapering legs with casters, 3ft. 3in.
66. A waxed pine washstand, with cupboard base, 3ft. 2in., together with a dark oak credence table, 2ft. 9in.
67. A small Jacobean-style solid dark oak dresser base, enclosed by a pair of arched, panel doors, front turned legs with potboard, 3ft. 6in. £60-80
68. A 17th century-style elbow chair, with barley-twist frame, figural arm supports, upholstered seat and back - clean
69. An unusual Victorian rosewood games table, lobed, square top with faded quarter-veneers and marquetry, design of dominoes, cards and clay pipes, revolving top concealing gaming accessories, on turned and fluted legs with undertier, circa 1870, 2ft. SEE ILLUSTRATION £150-250
70. A large neo-classical style gilt wall mirror, oval shape with ribbon crestings, bevelled plate, 3ft. 6in. wide £120-150
71. A Victorian-style mahogany Davenport, sloping top with hinged recess, four short drawers to each side beneath, 1ft. 10in.
72. A George III mahogany bureau, fall-front enclosing an arrangement of drawers, pigeonholes and central cupboard, four graduated drawers beneath, contemporary oval, pressed brass handles, circa 1770, 3ft. 1in. - faults £120-150
73. A late Victorian walnut writing desk, kneehole arrangement of five drawers, embossed copper handles, 3ft. 3in. £50-70
74. A late Victorian mahogany music cabinet, overshelf above mirrored recess, glazed fall-front enclosing three lined shelves, carved and panelled fall-front cupboard beneath, 1ft. 8in.
75. A Victorian walnut Wellington chest, seven lockable drawers with pressed glass handles, carved corbel to each side, 1ft. 8in. £100-150
76. A Victorian oak two-seater pew, with single loose cushion
77. A Victorian mahogany tilt-top occasional table, tripod base, top 1ft. 9in., together with a Victorian walnut wall-hanging shelf unit, 1ft. 4in.
78. An early 19th century mahogany drop-leaf breakfast table, with single drawer, pedestal stem and four outswept legs with good carved claw feet, ceramic casters, circa 1820, 3ft. 9in. £150-200
79. A set of four late Victorian walnut dining chairs, with carved top rails, and a pair of dark, carved oak dining chairs, all with leatherette seating
80. A Sheraton-period mahogany dining armchair, slat-back carved with husks and drapes, front square tapering legs with spade feet, circa 1790 - upholstered seat as viewed
81. A pair of Sheraton-period mahogany dining chairs, vertical cross-splats with carved husks, front square tapering legs with spade feet, upholstery as viewed
82. A Sheraton-period mahogany dining armchair, vertical slatted back with carved detail, front square tapering legs with spade feet and stretchers, upholstery as viewed
83. A late Victorian mahogany pier cabinet, single glazed door enclosing two shelves, inlaid detail, 2ft. 6in. £70-80
84. A dark oak book-trough, 1ft. 9in., and an oak folding cake-stand
85. A late 17th century oak coffer, panelled throughout, frontage carved with lunettes, 3ft. 3in. £100-150
86. A good Victorian mahogany desk, three frieze drawers with turned wood knob handles, panelled cupboard to each side, each enclosing sliding trays, on casters, 4ft. 6in. - faults £150-200
87. A Victorian mahogany spoon-back elbow chair, frame deeply-carved, on front cabriole legs with ceramic casters, upholstered seat and back £100-150
88. An early 20th century solid, dark oak dresser, plate rack fitted with two panelled cupboards, cupboard base with two drawers, turned underframe, 5ft. - some worm and other faults £50-70
89. A Victorian mahogany pedestal desk, block-fronted top with inset leather, three frieze drawers, three further drawers to each pedestal, top with uncommon castellated border, 4ft. - some attention needed £100-150
90. A Victorian mahogany linen press, pair of oval-panelled doors enclosing five sliding trays, three oak-lined drawers beneath, brass swan-neck handles, bracket feet, 3ft. 8in. wide £80-100
91. An Edwardian inlaid mahogany wardrobe, three-quarter length mirror door enclosing space for hanging, single base drawer, 3ft. 1in. - woodworm
92. A George III mahogany bureau, (suggested Lord Nelson link), fall-front enclosing drawers and pigeon-holes, two short and two long oak-lined drawers beneath, pierced brass hardware, boxwood-strung throughout, circa 1775, 3ft. - key-ring inscribed 'From Lord Nelson, Merton' £100-150
93. An early 20th century mahogany wardrobe, single full-length panelled door enclosing space for hanging, 2ft. 8in., together with a similar bedside cupboard, 1ft. 10in.
94. A Victorian walnut Sutherland table, on turned underframe with casters, 2ft. 8in. - fly-leg detached, together with a mahogany cheval mirror
95. Two similar Victorian oak occasional tables, each hexagonal with carved detail, 16in. - loose joints
96. A late Victorian dark oak centre table, circular with carved detail throughout, on turned legs with undertier, 2ft.
97. A late Georgian mahogany nest of two tables, 1ft. 4in., Victorian inlaid toilet mirror, 1ft. 2in., and an Edwardian inlaid rectangular mahogany side table, 1ft. 10in. - as viewed
98. A large Victorian mahogany bedroom chest, two short and four long graduated drawers, mahogany-lined with turned mahogany handles, 4ft. £140-180
99. A matched set of six late George III mahogany dining chairs, including pair of carvers, reeded bar-backs and front sabre legs, upholstered in a red dralon, circa 1810 £80-120
100. A Victorian mahogany chaise longue, with carved scroll back, upholstered in a brown leather, in front, reeded turned legs, one rear leg replaced £100-150
101. A Sommerfeld mahogany baby grand piano, seven-octave keyboard and over-strung iron frame £150-250
102. An early 19th century 30-hour cottage clock, 12in. painted square dial signed Jas. Woodham, Hungerford, bell-striking movement with anchor escapement, in oak case, with pendulum and weight, 6ft. 3in. high £100-150
103. A George III 8-day longcase clock, square enamelled dial with date aperture, movement with anchor escapement, oak case with swan-neck pediment, with key, pendulum and weights £200-250
104. A George III 8-day longcase clock, 14in. painted arched dial with subsidiary date and seconds dials, in inlaid mahogany case with carved spiral quarter columns, with key, pendulum and weights, 7ft. £150-200
105. A Louis XV-style giltwood gueridon, with oval top, similar kidney-shape table with marble top, and a giltwood floor lamp with shade
106. A pair of Louis XV-style gilt wall mirrors, arched shape with floral crests
107. Two period-style gilded metal occasional tables, each with onyx top, and a mahogany nest of three tables
108. A set of four Queen Anne-style mahogany dining chairs, with vase splats and drop-in seats, together with an oak barley-twist gateleg table, 2ft. 6in.
109. An early 20th century mahogany bureau, flame-veneered fall-front enclosing fittings, three long drawers beneath, claw and ball feet, 2ft. 6in.
110. A modern pine bedroom chest, four long drawers, 3ft., and a matching bedside cupboard with drawer, 1ft. 9in.
111. A Bevan Funnell oak side cupboard, with drawer, panelled construction with carved detail, 2ft. 3in., and a circular mahogany coffee table
112. A solid, dark oak gateleg table, on barley-twist underframe, 2ft. 11in. and an oak occasional table, as viewed
113. A teak bedroom pair, chest of five drawers with adjustable mirror, 2ft. 1in. and a bedside chest of three drawers
114. A solid, dark oak bookcase, carved frieze above pair of astragal-glazed doors, three adjustable shelves enclosed, knurled feet, 3ft. 10in. £60-80
115. A period-style dark oak bookcase, pair of leaded, glazed doors enclosing two shelves, linenfold cupboard base, 3ft. 2in.
116. A pair of Victorian kitchen chairs, each with elm seats, and two similar chairs, as viewed
117. A pair of late Victorian bedroom chairs, with caned seats, together with an oval mahogany occasional table with undertier, an Art Deco walnut occasional table and a Queen Anni-style carver chair
118. A Louis XV-style upholstered stool, with petit-point needlework seat, together with a brass-bound oak jardiniere stand, upholstered footstool and a folding baize-lined card table
119. A period-style dark oak side cupboard, carved detail with two drawers, 3ft., together with a dark oak nest of three tables, 2ft. 4in.
120. A solid, dark oak bureau, linenfold fall-front enclosing fittings, single drawer and linenfold cupboard base, 2ft. 7in. together with a solid, dark oak coffee table, 2ft. 4in.
121. A Jacobean-style dark oak bookcase, pair of leaded, glazed doors enclosing two shelves, linenfold cupboard base, 3ft. 1in.
122. A dark oak nest of three tables, two oak occasional tables, octagonal table, work table and string-seated stool (6)
123. A dark oak dresser, twin-shelf canopy above linenfold cupboard base with two drawers, 3ft. 6in.
124. An early 20th century oak wall cupboard, with open shelves, 2ft. 6in., together with two Victorian bamboo occasional tables, firescreen with stained glass panel, and an embossed brass magazine rack, (5)
125. A period-style dark oak bookcase, pair of leaded glazed doors enclosing two shelves, together with an oak corner-fitting television stand
126. An early 20th century leather cabin trunk, with brass mounts, long oak coffee table, folding cake-stand, etc.
127. An Ercol medium elm three-tiered trolley, on casters, 2ft. 4in. - clean
128. A 1970's novelty cocktail cabinet, revolving hemisphere enclosing fittings, circular stand with undertier and casters
129. A solid, dark oak draw-leaf dining table, on melon-bulbous end supports with stretcher, 2ft. 11in. opening to 5ft. 1in., and a circular mahogany occasional table, with braced undertier, 1ft. 9in. £50-70
130. A dark oak dresser, upper stage enclosed by a pair of leaded glazed doors, panelled cupboard base with two drawers, 3ft. 6in.
131. A narrow mahogany display cabinet, enclosed by single astragal-glazed door, 1ft. 8in.
132. A small yew-veneered chest, cross-banded top above two short and three long drawers, brass hardware, 2ft.
133. A period-style yew-veneered open bookcase, with five adjustable shelves, 2ft. 5in. wide
134. A period-style mahogany chest, three flame-veneered drawers, brass swan-neck handles, 2ft. 6in.
135. A solid, medium oak bureau bookcase, pair of leaded, glazed doors enclosing three shelves, enclosed fittings above two long drawers, barley-twist front legs, 2ft. 11in.
136. A solid, dark oak cupboard, enclosed by a pair of Gothic tracery panelled doors, 1ft. 8in.
137. A Samsung flatscreen television, LE32B450C4W, 32in. screen, with remote control
138. An early 20th century longcase clock, 11in. square, silvered dial with chiming movement, dark oak case with glazed trunk, 6ft. £50-70
139. A modern electric recliner armchair, upholstered in a button mushroom fabric, clean - electric motor lacking
140. A Laura Ashley cream-finished wardrobe, enclosed by panelled door, single drawer to base, 2ft. 9in.
141. A reproduction yew-veneered pedestal desk, inset gilt-tooled leather top above three drawers, further drawers to each pedestal, 4ft., together with a French period-style gilt-framed mirror
142. Two Edwardian inlaid mahogany single chairs, rectangular oak wall mirror with bevelled plate, 3ft. 6in., and a Benares brass table on folding wood stand
143. A set of three distressed walnut coffee tables, one long with twin glass panes, two square, each with single glass pane, caned undertiers, longest 4ft. 2in.
144. A Georgian-style burr walnut D-end dining table, with extra leaf, on tripod pedestal supports, 4ft. 6in. opening to 6ft.
145. A Georgian-style mahogany chest, serpentine-fronted with four drawers, 2ft. 5in., together with a cross-banded mahogany nest of three tables, the two small tables with drop-leaves
146. A pair of early 20th century mahogany single chairs, slat-backs and drop-in rush seats, and a black-painted office armchair with caned seat
147. A period-style oak coffer, boarded construction with carved front, 3ft. 4in.
148. A period-style grandmother clock, arched dial with moon phase, glazed trunk door enclosing brass weights and pendulum, 5ft. 6in. high £50-60
149. A Victorian walnut Sutherland table, 2ft., Victorian upholstered tub chair, oak nest of two tables, oak rush-seated single chair and a painted three-legged stool, (5)
150. A Victorian dark oak two-seater hall stool, on tapering legs, 2ft. 8in., together with a child's ebonised rocking chair £50-70
151. An Eastern wool rug, multi-coloured geometric designs against a red field, approx. 10 x 8ft. £70-80
152. A miniature Georgian-style mahogany bureau, well-fitted interior with nine drawers, two short and three long drawers beneath, 17in. wide £60-80
153. A Victorian ormolu wall mirror, cast with a bird and foliage in rococo style, 20in. high
154. A monochrome engraving, Serpentine Arch, signed limited edition by Francis Kelly, and other household pictures
155. An 18th century coloured map, Worcestershire, another Guild Hall, two silver plated coasters, vintage lamp, pewter measures, etc.
156. A set of four 19th century quills, rare in original supplier's box, C. Essex & Co.
157. An assortment of framed decorative pictures
158. A collection of 18th century and later deeds, some on velum
159. A BSA Meteor air rifle, in leather case
160. Two 18th century hand-coloured road-maps, framed, Christchurch, Guildford and Portsmouth, and other pictures
161. A Victorian inlaid burr yew writing box, with enclosed slope and stationery fittings, boxwood, ebony and engraved brass inlays, 13in. £50-70
162. Colin Selley - two framed paintings, and other pictures including needlework
163. A folding leather case, purpose unknown
164. A middle-eastern wool saddle-bag, geometric designs predominantly in brown and rust, 44in., together with an assortment of table linen
165. Various wood paper-knives, glove stretchers, mother of pearl card case, etc.
166. A set of ten Indian gouache paintings, figures at various pursuits, each on transparent sheet
167. A copper kettle, on stand, assorted brassware, walking sticks, royal commemorative mugs including Laura Knight, unusual musical jewellery casket, etc.
168. A German army officer's dagger, 9.5in. straight double-edged blade signed Siegfried, Waffen, within sheath, with pommel and belt attachment Shipping arrangements limited. Buyer beware £200-300
169. A microscope, Reichert, Austria, rotating nosepiece with four objective lenses, circular, mechanical stage, rack and pinion focussing with coarse/fine, plano/convex mirror, in a contemporary wood box £100-150
170. A monocular microscope, Robinson, Dublin, rack and pinion focussing, plano/convex mirror, in fitted mahogany case with two extra lenses £150-200
171. A monocular microscope, Millikin & Lawley, London, with adjustable stage, in fitted mahogany case with three additional lenses £80-120
172. A moncular microscope, Carl Zeiss, Jena, No. 150061, rotating nosepiece with three objective lenses, rack and pinion focussing with coarse and fine adjustment, complete with right-angled stage accessory, plano/convex mirror, in wood case £80-120
173. A monocular microscope, perhaps E. Leitz, rack and pinion focussing, plano/convex mirror, in fitted case bearing E. Leitz label
174. A binocular microscope, Smith, Beck & Beck, London, No. 4203, rack and pinion focussing, adjustable circular stage, hinged and adjustable triangular platform, plano/convex mirror, convex mirror damaged, in fitted mahogany case with four additional lenses Saleroom notice: Estimate £250-350 £250-350
175. A monocular microscope, Ernst Leitz, Wetzlar, No. 184288, rack and pinion focussing with fine adjustment, plano/convex mirror, in fitted mahogany case with three additional lenses £50-70
176. A monocular microscope, R. & J. Beck Ltd., London - No. 23815, rotating nosepiece with two objective lenses, rack and pinion focussing, plano/convex mirror, in original fitted case with two additional lenses £200-300
177. A Negretti & Zambra, London binocular microscope, rack and pinion focussing with coarse and fine adjustment, mechanical stage, plano/convex mirror, in fitted mahogany case with seven additional lenses SEE ILLUSTRATION £250-350
178. A monocular microscope, A. Ross, London, No. 103, rack and pinion focussing, nosepiece with three rotating lenses, mechanical circular stage, plano/convex mirror, in black-painted mahogany case with fittings, four additional lenses SEE ILLUSTRATION £300-400
179. A monocular microscope, rack and pinion focussing, plano/convex mirror, unsigned, in fitted mahogany case £60-80
180. A monocular microscope, rack and pinion focussing with fine adjustment, plano/convex mirror, triangular platform, in a mahogany case £50-70
181. A Gaspert Woolff violin, 'Strad Model', 14in. single-piece back with three bows and accessories, in case, also to include a folding metal music stand £100-150
182. Laboratory glassware, measures, test tubes, etc.
183. A collection of laboratory pathological slides, including six labelled trays, canine interest £100-150
184. Miscellaneous collectables, Ross pocket compass, copper crumb scoop, costume jewellery, etc.
185. Two African spears, each with applications of stitched leather, 44in., together with an African drum £100-150
186. A pair of fashion prints, in the style of L. Icart, framed, and a pair of Japanese coloured wood-block prints, signed Koson
187. A 19th century pencil drawing, Crimean cavalryman and two horses, unsigned, 4.5 x 7.5in., two hand-coloured engravings, Napoleon Bonaparte, and another, Duke of Wellington, all framed £70-80
188. An eastern carved hardwood portrait bust, perhaps Sri Lankan, youth with elaborate head-dress, 15in. £50-60
189. An Oriental carved wood rhinoceros, standing four-square, 10.5in. long - one front leg re-attached
190. A collection of horse-brasses, other brassware and a Salter kitchen weighing scale
191. An Asprey timepiece, 3in. traditional square dial, architectural walnut case, movement replaced, a cased pair of binoculars, wood model of a three-masted ship, Red Jacket, various framed pictures, two portable typewriters, etc.
192. A collection of fishing rods
193. Two brass oil lamps, with glass shades, group of three spelter figural table lamps, two glass torch shades, etc., as viewed
194. A 1970's Sony Solid State portable television, vintage Ever-Ready portable radio and a Prestinox portable projector
195. Gentlemens' accessories, carved oak pipe-rack, various pipes, ceramic ash-tray, etc.
196. An unusually large Victorian pewter flagon, 11.5in., other pewter hollow-ware, two cutlery cases containing cutlery, etc.
197. A postal scale, with weights, leather attache case, embosser, two glass inkwells, etc.
198. An assortment of household metalware, coffee grinder, etc.
199. A pair of silver-mounted copper harvester jugs, 8in., set of six embossed Art Nouveau copper finger-plates, brass letter-opener, miniature brass horn and a small brass mask
200. An Heeleys Double-Lever corkscrew, two barrel corkscrews, and others
201. A collection of pianola rolls
202. A quantity of table linen, and lace borders, etc.
203. Fountain pens, makes include Conway Stewart and Watermans, other writing implements and a Paris Stanhope combination quill/letter opener
204. Small collectables, two cased fans, carved wood bottle-stops, etc.
205. An Huntley & Palmer's Books biscuit tin, and numerous other household tins
206. A pair of middle-eastern brass jars and covers, finely-engraved with figures, animals and foliage, 24in.
207. A Georgian-style yew-veneered wheel barometer, another, similar, wall-hanging clock-barometer, two Victorian boxes, etc.
208. An ancient bronze signet ring, believed to be circa 4th century A.D. £70-100
209. The Homing Pigeon National Shield of Merit, Special Prize, 1911, silver embossed in Art Nouveau-style, on oak shield-shape plaque, D.& M. Davis, Birmingham 1911, 15.5in. high £120-150
210. An early Victorian rosewood tea caddy, sarcophagus-shape with twin handles, 12in. - interior fittings incomplete, together with a Victorian brass-bound walnut writing box with enclosed fittings and slope, 12in., and a bronze-finished portrait roundel, military officer in profile, 7in.
211. Novelty money banks, including American portrait bust of an officer, 5in. and a cold-painted spelter cockatoo, 5in. - six items total £50-70
212. A large Baroque-style brass door-knocker, cast with cherubs and masks, mounted upon mahogany shield, shield 12in. wide
213. A P. Harris Ltd. balance scale, with complete cased set of weights, within painted metal balance case
214. An 18th century miniature walnut chest, three long drawers with inlaid stringing, 6.5in.
215. An assortment of ornamental metalware, and an oak-cased mantel clock
216. A large Victorian brass oil lamp, with unusual opaque glass stem, square base, with shade, converted to electric, 28in. £50-80
217. An assortment of household metalware, also to include a 1960's coffee table
218. Two silver-mounted riding crops, a bayonet and two daggers, two large padlocks, etc.
219. A Diana Mod.1 airgun, 31in. overall. Shipping arrangements limited. Buyer beware
220. 18th and 19th century carved wood panels, including fragments and related carved wood ornaments
221. Jaques Game of Lawn Bowls, boxed set of woods and jacks
222. A cased lute, and a Victorian brass-mounted vanity case, 11in.
223. A Sri Lankan white metal salver, embossed and engraved with inscription, silver-mounted walking stick, trench-art cartridge case, etc.
224. A Cooke, Troughton & Simms binocular microscope, M2030, magnification X15
225. Precision instruments, to include cased planimeter, a pocket watch within folding silver case, three wristwatches, also to include a Stobwasser-type papier mache box cover, "The Laughing Congregation", latter modified £50-70
226. A large 19th century brass telescope, single-draw, adjustable on folding tripod stand, main barrel 34in. £150-200
227. A small, early 19th century portrait miniature, young lady in profile, indistinctly signed, perhaps G. Smith, 1.5in., in hinged red leather case £80-100
228. A George III mahogany decanter set, four oblong decanters, each with stopper, shoulders gilded in the style of James Giles, and single wine glass en-suite, mahogany case with hinged cylinder top, circa 1790 SEE ILLUSTRATION £150-200
229. A London, Brighton and South Coast Railway notice, Royal Special Train from Portsmouth to Victoria, 1876, printed fabric within oak frame, 18 x 14in. £60-80
230. A Victorian family portrait photograph album, 21 photographs, album poor condition
231. A vintage Austrian telephone hand-set, together with a Loewe radio speaker, in walnut case, both pre-war
232. A Victorian mahogany solitaire board, and related ceramic marbles, leather attache case, brass oil lamp, four large framed pictures, etc.
233. An early Victorian glass bowl, goblet-shape with cut glass detail, annulated knop, 9in., and a silver-mounted glass oil bottle
234. An early Victorian rosewood tea caddy, inlaid with mother of pearl, sarcophagus-shape with enclosed liners, 9in. - faults
235. A Victorian rosewood vanity box, with mother of pearl inlay, with key, 10in., together with three small Victorian papier mache snuff boxes, and a modern inlaid jewellery box with musical mechanism
236. An infant-size eastern European violin, back 10.25in., - faults, with bow, in case
237. Two silver-mounted walking sticks, similar riding crop, walking case, aluminium shooting stick, contained within ceramic stick-stand, also to include an engraved brass table-top
238. A collection of alcoholic miniatures, believed to be over 150 total
239. A Victorian coromandel box, inset retailer's plaque Wedgwood & Sons, Cornhill, with key, 12in., a Victorian rosewood box with inset mother of pearl lozenge, 10.5in. and a shallow walnut and parquetry box, 10in.
240. Three various musical boxes, walnut jewellery box with brass mounts, pair of silver-mounted book-ends, two framed pictures, etc.
241. A 19th century percussion pistol, 8in., a double-edged knife, within skin sheath, and two daggers, each within leather sheath Shipping arrangements limited. Buyer beware
242. A silver-mounted walking stick, cased snooker cue, baton, etc.
243. A collection of fans, some boxed, various forms of decoration £70-80
244. A cased carving set, silver-thread belt, and other items
245. Military cap badges, related buttons, badges and medals
246. An early 20th century cold-painted lead group, seated African beside seated camel, Victorian tortoiseshell snuff box and other small collectables
247. A pair of 19th century hand-coloured marine prints, including The Death of Nelson, after J M W Turner, framed
248. A Ross of London brass-mounted mahogany plate camera, Goerz Patent, together with an Eastman Kodak camera and a pair of Goerz binoculars, in case £50-70
249. Militaria, including WWII aircraft compass, large capacity Jerry can, US Bugle
250. An unusual illuminating sign, opaque glass panel colour-printed with portrait bust of HRH Queen Elizabeth, 29in. high
251. A khaki uniform and a khaki jacket, one other military jacket and an SS-style peaked cap £50-60
252. A Third Reich cast aluminium emblem, with eagle surmount, wing-span 13.5in., together with a related photographic-printed poster, "Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Fuhrer!"
253. Two stained and carved wood malt shovels, 3ft. £50-60
254. 1960's clothing, largely shirts in bright colours, makes include Lady Bayard
255. A WMF butterdish, cover and stand, sesessionist-style in embossed copper and glass, stand 9in., and other miscellaneous items
256. A Negretti & Zambra oven thermometer, copper with brass register plate, 14in.
257. A German carved lime-wood figure, perhaps Oberammergau, young Christian figure wearing coronet and carrying orb, 6.5in.
258. Military badges and buttons, and a brass buckle, 4th Cheshire Company Volunteer
259. A pair of Victorian needlework flower pictures, brightly-coloured threads, in oak frames, 15 x 10in., four still life watercolours on card, and a small portrait watercolour
260. A 19th century Zulu dagger, 10.5in. straight, double-edged blade, within metal-bound wood sheath incorporating belt attachment Shipping arrangements limited. Buyer beware £50-70
261. A police helmet, Derbyshire Constabulary, together with a copper-finished gladiator helmet and shield en suite
262. A Victorian satinwood box, 11.5in., small Victorian mahogany box with parquetry cover, 6in., and four other various boxes £50-70
263. A three-quarter size student's violin, labelled within, The London Violin Co., complete with a bow, signed Tourte, in fitted case, as viewed £50-70
264. A middle-eastern pot and cover, enamel on metal, bright designs against a blue ground, 4.5in. and a pair of enamelled and engraved brass two-handled jars, 5.5in.
265. A Victorian rosewood-veneered cribbage board, glass measure within boxwood case, leather dice-shaker, Chinese gourd engraved with fly-catchers, etc.
266. Theatre Royal, Brighton, 32 production posters, largely 1950's
267. Miscellaneous collectables, folding knives, unusual folding shoe-horn, etc.
268. Various compacts, including novelty dual-purpose compact, evening purse, etc.
269. A replica court-sword, within scabbard, and three fencing swords
270. A collection of cigarette lighters, including one lighter, 1960's erotic
271. A 19th century coquilla nut carving, two daggers within sheaths, horseshoe egg-timer, etc.
272. A brass oil lamp, on pressed glass stem, and an assortment of ornamental brassware
273. A Victorian walnut and parquetry writing box, and other various boxes
274. An Arts & Crafts ceiling light in the style of W. A. S. Benson, wrought metal with vaseline glass shade, and another, cylindrical glass shade £80-100
275. A rectangular pine panel, carved with a female portrait roundel, 24in. high, and a religious carved walnut plaque incised with script, 24in. wide
276. American money banks, including United States National Bank of Portland, book-form, 17 total £50-70
277. Two RAF uniforms, each two-piece
278. A Friden electric Fully Automatic Calculator, model STW, with instruction manual dated 1963
279. A Victorian dual-purpose walking stick, finely-carved ivory handle in the form of a greyhound with whistle mouthpiece, silver mount hallmarked London 1878 Shipping arrangements limited. Buyer beware £200-250
280. A late 19th century coromandel stationery box, with elaborate pierced brass mounts, domed top enclosing fittings, 9in. £100-150
281. A late 19th century coromandel stationery box, with angular brass mounts, domed top enclosing fittings, 9in. £100-150
282. A 19th century engraved yellow metal lorgnette, indistinctly marked, 2.75in.
283. A copper Anchor lamp, Ashe's Kaffeecanne, bronze horse model, two cloisonne items, etc.
284. Two Victorian walnut boxes, two Victorian tea caddies, and an Art Nouveau inlaid mahogany mantel clock, base detached, also to include a Lauren guitar
285. A United Dairies (Trowbridge) milk churn, two-handled with cover, dated 1945, 20.5in., together with three copper cider measures, each with long iron handle
286. An ornamental gilt-metal table lamp, stem in the form of a horse and foal, with shade
287. Two pairs of brass candlesticks, pair of rococo-style easel mirrors, framed crystoleum, two large, framed panoramic prints, etc.
288. A large Meerschaum pipe, with engraved silver mount and amber mouthpiece, in original case, another, rare carved design of a 19th century machine gunner, some damage, in original case, three cheroot holders, one cased, rare brass trench-art cartridge case, 'Verdun' and a miniature carved composition portrait bust £80-100
289. Ornamental brassware, including miniature miner's lamp, 3.5in., engraved Benares table on folding wood stand, also to include Britains moulded zoo animals, and a framed hippopotamus print, signed by artist K. J. Hayler
290. A set of four colour prints after F. Newbould, "Your Britain - Fight for it Now"
291. Two early Victorian silhouette portraits, male and female with bronzed detail, original frames, three further ebonised portrait frames, rosewood and parquetry box, 5in. and a miniature tortoiseshell box £50-70
292. A cast bronze bell, engraved with Latin script, 6.5in. high, cast brass inkwell in the form of HMS Victory, and an early 19th century oak tea caddy, 13in., also to include a wood solitaire board, a.f., and various coloured marbles
293. Various household hand-tools, pine tool chest with some contents, etc.
294. A set of nines dominoes within inlaid wood case, Parker fountain pen and matching pencil, glass bottle with embossed silver cover, witch's ball, etc.
295. Miscellaneous prints and printed matter, prints after Gordon King, Terry McKwagan, Janet Rogers, Mark Chester, interesting newspapers, etc.
296. A set of 37 Geographia touring maps, England and Wales, and four car manuals, Triumph and Norton
297. Barsac - two bottles, produce of Calvet, France, Roberts Worthing labels, 75cl.
298. A Hornby gauge 0 passenger locomotive, BR green livery, with tender, in original boxes, together with three Pullman coaches and three items of goods stock, good-excellent, boxes good £60-80
299. A scratch-built model paddle steamer, fully-rigged fore and aft masts, deck details include capstan, lifeboats and anchor, 30in. long including bowsprit, in modern glazed case £75-100
300. Dinky Toys aircraft, including Light Racer, Light Tourer, Light Transport and Four Engined Liner, all early post-war, 18 total - playworn £70-100
301. A John Hill & Co. Royal Coronation coach, team of eight greys, coach with two seated figures, in original box with packing piece, very good, box fair-good; postillion lacking
302. A collection of Lledo Days Gone die-cast model vehicles, largely commercials, and Shell Supercar Collection, sports cars, all in original boxes, good-excellent
303. Hornby Dublo EDG 18 Tank Goods Set, including 2-6-4 BR tank locomotive, in original box, and two further three-rail locomotives, Duchess-class Atholl and Montrose, fair-good, box worn and torn, latter tenders lacking
304. Britains lead soldiers, includes Fusiliers, Scots Guards and Cavalry, all pre-war, some paint-wear
305. A large Dean's Teddy bear, gold plush with jointed limbs, 24in., and a medium Chad Valley gold plush Teddy bear, jointed limbs, 18in.
306. A Chinese battery-operated Universe Stunt Car, in original box, and other toys, also to include an autographed photograph, Tom Hardy, framed £50-70
307. Meccano Set 3, post-war, together with Meccano accessory sets 3A, 4A and 5A, all good and boxed £50-70
308. A German bisque porcelain boy doll, with sleeping eyes and open mouth, bent-limb composition body, 16in. £50-70
309. A large collection of coins, some contained in coin collectors' case
311. Miscellaneous coins, including South Africa, also to include a collection of First Day Covers
312. A large collection of miscellaneous coins, some within albums and packaging
313. A collection of coins, many in packets, others loose
314. A large collection of pre-decimal copper coins, all contained within listed packets
315. A quantity of coins, largely GB, some in packaging
316. A collection of coins, GB coins in a box, Greek coins within case
317. A collection of coins, some within album and an assortment of enamelled advertising badges
318. A large assortment of coins, largely GB copper
319. A collection of coins, including crowns, Victory medal, Army Service Corps, etc.
320. Modern coin currency, many redeemable at face value, also to include Churchill Crowns, etc. £50-70
321. An assortment of coins, British pre-decimal and foreign
322. An assortment of oil coins, largely GB, and a boxed part-set of commemorative Dollar medallions
323. A collection of world stamps contained within three albums
324. A quantity of postcards including WWII gas mask novelty
325. A postcard album, 20th century House of Windsor, largely portraiture, 307 total £60-80
326. A postcard album, 20th century British royal family portraiture, 306 total £60-80
327. A postcard album, 297 postcards total, including many Margaret Tarrant £60-80
328. Various early 20th century newspapers, many commemorating important events including royalty, accession and abdication of King Edward VIII, 1936, Marilyn Monroe print signed by Gordon King, etc.
329. A postcard album, topographic and greetings £60-80
330. A late Victorian leather-bound photograph album, containing photographs and prints
331. A large collection of novelty badges, including advertising, also to include 42 Blue Peter annuals, some duplicates
332. Two early 20th century albums, numerous anecdotes, verse and sketches, many dated, circa 1910-20 £80-100
333. A childhood autograph collection, including Newcastle United, FA Cup winners, 1955, also to include related FA Cup Final program, 1955; further autographs include Cliff Richard and Pat Cash
334. Limited edition print - Bridego Bridge during the Great Train Robbery, August 1963, signed by the artist and Tommy Wiseby, also to include a first edition of his biography and the signed proof copy of the cover - 3 items £50-70
335. Signed limited edition print of Kensington Palace, taken from the original made by Paul Burrell, Diana's butler £50-70
336. Cary's Great Roads of England and Wales, 1810, with folding frontispiece map, modern leather half-calf, folding map torn with tape-repairs
337. Brian Trubshaw - two Concorde books personally autographed for Mr. J. Evans, one a.f. and a Concorde souvenir folder containing autographed First Day Cover and related material
338. Winston and Clementine Churchill - hand-written notes, both 'thank you' letters in fountain pen, from Chartwell, 1958 and 1959 £100-150
339. Miscellaneous signatures: Anthony Eden, David Dimbleby, Bransby Williams, and others
340. A collection of cigarette cards, some within albums, and various books
341. Third Reich collectables, large ring, four badges, pair of small enamelled badges, two sets of six postage stamps and four treasure-trove coins £50-70
342. Victoria Cross autographs, a framed citation with seven WWII autographs including Agansing Rai
343. Trafalgar Bicentenary stamp and cover collection, within albums
344. An officer's three-piece mess uniform
345. Military tunics, including Royal Engineers, also to include a WWII gas mask
346. A collection of cigarette cards, many series, some in albums
347. World War Two Jewish ghetto insignia, shoulder strap, Ghetto Werkstatten, and another, Star of David £50-70
348. Militaria, including Churchill propaganda print, 1940, Third Reich propaganda 45 rpm records, within dust-jackets, framed prints, etc.
349. Her Majesty's Fleet Appointment, 1864, to Lieutenant D. D. Freemantle, signatures include Charles Frederick, framed
350. Militaria, regimental plaques, trophy to Major General G. C. Gordon-Lennox, etc.
351. WWI medals, group of three to 8872 Cpl. R. Bosworth, Royal Irish Fusiliers, another, RFC., another, Oxf. & Bucks. Light Infantry, also to include buttons, cap badges, etc. £80-100
352. A large, early 20th century leather postcard album, filled with topographical postcards, spine lacking
353. Books on calligraphy, other books and pictures
354. The Graphic, including Thomas Hardy's The Mayor of Casterbridge, volume 33, January - June 1886, one board detached; spine lacking
355. Rare Dean's Mickey Mouse Annual, 1930, first annual edition, together with a Mickey Mouse soft toy, circa 1930, 7in. £120-150
356. A photograph album, containing Worthing and other photographs, together with a book, Man and Animals by C. Darwin, 1872, as viewed
357. Autographed books, sixteen total including Queen Noor, Roy Hattersley and Frank Muir
358. A late 19th century ormolu mantel clock in Louis XV-style, convex enamelled dial and 8-day bell-striking movement, case elaborately cast with figural surmount, musical instruments, foliage and leafage in rococo-style, with key and pendulum, 19in. high SEE FRONT COVER £600-800
359. A late 19th century French ormolu wall clock, enamelled dial and 8-day bell-striking movement, case elaborately cast in rococo style, with pendulum, 22in. high £300-500
360. A Victorian mahogany wheel barometer, signed J. Denne, Cheltenham, with silvered thermometer, level, hygrometer and barometer dials, swan-neck pediment, 37in. £120-150
361. A Smith's Art Deco mantel clock, with two-tone mirror dial, and eight other mantel clocks, as viewed
362. The Gledhill-Brook Time Recorder, early 20th century dark oak, wall-mounting, 45in.
363. A large continental table clock, circular dial against an engraved and pierced brass ground, two-train movement striking on super-imposed cast brass bell, walnut case, with pendulum, 20in. high £350-400
364. A miniature oval carriage clock, enamelled dial and timepiece movement, brass case inset with two ceramic plaques, each painted with a cherub fly-catcher, with key, 4.25in. SEE ILLUSTRATION £50-70
365. A late 19th century walnut wall clock, architectural form with enamelled chapter ring, gong-striking movement, with key and grid-iron pendulum, 30in.
366. An Edwardian inlaid mahogany mantel clock, dome-shape with French gong-striking movement, with key and pendulum, 8in.
367. An early 20th century inlaid mahogany mantel clock, silvered dial named Benetfink & Co., London, 8-day movement striking on two gongs, case with fluted quarter-columns, on brass toes, with key, 15in. £150-200
368. An early 20th century mignonette carriage clock, enamelled dial and timepiece movement, backplate initialled C. V., engraved brass case with bevelled glass panes, with key, 4.5in. SEE ILLUSTRATION £50-70
369. An octagonal drop-dial wall clock, enamelled dial with date-ring, 24in. high, and a mantel clock with printed circular dial, 7in. - latter as viewed £50-60
370. A 19th century boullework mantel clock, rococo shape with boulle and contra-boulle green tortoiseshell inlays, French movement striking on a bell, with key and pendulum, 12in. £250-300
371. A 19th century walnut clock-case, architectural form, 3ft. 8in. and another, similar, ebonised finish
372. A Victorian walnut and marquetry drop-dial wall clock, 11in. enamelled dial, case with carved shoulders, with key, 32in. high £100-150
373. A 19th century walnut mantel clock, with convex enamelled dial and French timepiece movement, case with applied brass mounts and ebonised mouldings, with key, 8in.
374. A Vienna-type wall clock, enamelled dial with timepiece movement, architectural case, with key, pendulum and weight, 40in. £50-70
375. A Victorian walnut aneroid wheel barometer, dial signed T. Buss, Hatton Garden, case carved with leaf-scrolls, 26in. £50-60
376. ### A Poole polychrome posy vase, Beswick dog, other household china and glassware, etc. Withdrawn lot.
377. A porcelain dinner and tea service, damaged 19th century ceramics, etc. - as viewed
378. A quantity of ornamental china, including a novelty nursery rhyme teapot
379. Four various lead crystal decanters, each with stopper, and other household glassware
380. A Victorian bone china novelty inkwell, in the form of a shoe, 5.5in. - chipped, two cast brass Buddha figures, painted elephant model, painted female figure and an alabaster jar, as viewed
381. A Royal Standard bone china teaset, forty-two pieces including two serving plates, Paulette pattern, together with a ruby and silver-overlaid glass decanter, with stopper and a Goebel figure of a girl
382. Cranberry and other glassware, various Wedgwood Blue Jasper ornaments, ceramic shoe ornaments, wood shoe-trees, etc.
383. A continental Art Nouveau earthenware jardiniere, continuous design of stylised birds in bright enamels against a green ground, indistinct impressed mark, 11in. diameter
384. A quantity of ornamental china including Doulton series ware
385. A cockerel collection, largely ceramic, miscellaneous
386. A blue Whitefriars glass vase, cylindrical-shape, bark-effect, 9in., and other household china and glassware
387. A Royal Doulton part dinner service, Desert Star, other household china and glassware
389. A pair of 19th century Worcester-style dessert plates, gadrooned gilt borders, 10in., together with a Royal Doulton figure, Rosemary, HN3143, and other ornamental china
390. Various sets and part-sets of glass tableware, also to include cut decanter, fruit bowl with silver plated mount, etc.
391. Thirty various Jim Beam Bourbon whisky novelty flasks, each with stopper
392. A Whitefriars tangerine glass vase, bark-effect, 7.5in., Victorian glass, engraved Present From Father and six other glass items
393. A Royal Albert dinner, tea and coffee service, 72 pieces including teapot and coffee pot, Lavender Rose pattern
394. A pair of lead crystal decanters, one other decanter, all with stoppers, and other household glassware
395. A quantity of household china, ornamental and useful
396. A collection of animal models, largely ceramic, including Beswick cat
397. A Chinese porcelain pagoda figure inkwell, and an assortment of ceramic tableware including Wedgwood Jasper
398. Three various ceramic chamber pots, decorated in underglaze blue, together with a Chinese porcelain stick-stand, 18in. - cracked, and a chip-carved wood horse-head
399. Assorted ornamental china, including a Beswick Beatrix Potter Hunca Munca
400. A quantity of ornamental china, including Oriental, souvenir thimbles, postcards, etc.
401. A large collection of egg-cups, various novelty forms and materials, and related reference material £80-100
402. A silver-mounted cut glass scent bottle, with stopper, 6in., two coloured glass vases and other glassware
403. A Shelley bone china part dinner service, thirty-four pieces for a six-place setting, bright floral design
404. A modern Mason's dinner and tea service, 51 pieces for a 6-place setting, Fruit Basket pattern, and a Shelley bone china dessert set
405. A pair of Victorian pressed glass inkwells, pair of amber glass decanters, pair of Sevres-type plaques, walnut frames, etc.
406. A pair of glass decanters, each with a stopper, Solian ware dinner service, and other items
407. Household china and glassware, including Stephens' blue-black writing fluid, in stoneware bottle, another, Dibben of Worthing, Imari jar
408. A Royal Dux-type figural jardiniere, in the form of a wicker basket and nude youth carriers, 9.5in. diameter
409. An early 19th century cut glass decanter, with mushroom stopper, 10in., pair of blue-overlaid glass vases, 9in., other Victorian glassware, also to include a pair of Wedgwood jasperware urns, classical, pedestal form, latter with faults
410. A Lalique glass ashtray, post-war, circular with moulded design of a galleon, engraved mark Lalique, France, 6.75in.
411. A mid-18th century wine glass, two-piece construction with bell bowl and single air tear, circa 1750, 6.75in. £120-150
412. A mid-18th century continental wine glass, funnel bowl with engraved ornament and air tear, hollow, inverted baluster stem, conical folded foot, circa 1750, 6in. £80-100
413. A mid-18th century wine glass, bell bowl above double-series opaque twist stem, conical foot, circa 1760, 6.75in. £120-150
414. A mid-18th century Nelson-related wine glass, drawn-trumpet with air-twist stem, bowl later-engraved, circa 1800-1805, with a portrait bust of Lord Nelson within wreath, reverse with HMS Victory, conical folded foot, 7in. SEE ILLUSTRATION £300-400
415. A George III wine glass, bowl engraved with a bird, flower and six leaves, knopped faceted stem, conical foot, circa 1770, 6in. £80-120
416. A mid-18th century wine glass, bell-bowl engraved with grapes and vine leaves, plain cylindrical stem, conical foot, circa 1760, 6.5in. £150-200
417. A mid-18th century wine glass, ogee bowl on double-series opaque twist stem, conical foot, circa 1760, 5.75in. £100-150
418. A mid-18th century wine glass, drawn-trumpet with engraved grapes and vine leaves, air-twist stem, conical foot, circa 1755, 7in. £150-200
419. A mid-18th century continental colour-twist wine glass, bell bowl engraved with grapes and vine leaves, double-series red and white opaque-twist stem, conical foot, circa 1760, 6.25in. SEE ILLUSTRATION £100-150
420. A mid-18th century wine glass, ovoid bowl on clear stem with shoulder and centre knops, conical folded foot, circa 1755, 6in. £120-150
421. A mid-18th century wine glass, ogee bowl on double-series opaque-twist stem, conical foot, circa 1760, 6.25in. £150-200
422. A mid-18th century firing glass, ovoid bowl on double-series opaque-twist stem, thick conical foot, circa 1760, 4in. £120-150
423. A mid-18th century ale glass, drawn-trumpet form, bowl engraved with rare barley motifs without hops, conical foot, circa 1760, 7in. SEE ILLUSTRATION £150-200
424. A mid-18th century wine glass, everted bowl on opaque-twist stem, conical foot, circa 1760, 5.25in. £120-150
425. A mid-18th century wine glass, ogee bowl on opaque-twist stem, conical foot, circa 1760, 5.75in. £100-150
426. A mid-18th century wine glass, ogee bowl engraved with a bird, insect, grapes and vine leaves, plain stem, conical, folded foot, circa 1755, 5.5in. £100-150
427. A mid-18th century wine glass, cup bowl on double-series opaque-twist stem, conical foot, circa 1755, 5.5in. SEE ILLUSTRATION £100-150
428. A mid-18th century wine glass, drawn-trumpet with air-twist stem, conical foot, circa 1750, 7in. £120-150
429. A mid-18th century Jacobite wine glass, bell-bowl engraved with a rose and single bud, two-piece construction with air-twist stem, conical foot, circa 1760, 6.25in. £400-500
430. A mid-18th century wine glass, bucket-bowl engraved with a bird, grapes and vine leaves, plain stem, conical folded foot, circa 1755, 5.5in. £100-150
431. A mid-18th century wine glass, ovoid bowl on opaque-twist stem, conical foot, circa 1760, 6in. £100-150
432. A mid-18th century wine glass, drawn-trumpet form, bowl engraved with grapes and vine leaves, conical foot, circa 1755, 7in. £150-200
433. A mid-18th century ale flute, bowl engraved with hops and barley, plain stem, conical folded foot, circa 1760, 7.75in. £120-150
434. A rare mid-18th century Jacobite wine glass, drawn-trumpet form with air-twist stem, bowl engraved with a rose and two buds, conical foot, circa 1755, 6.5in. SEE ILLUSTRATION £600-800
435. A Karl Ens bird model, humming bird, coloured detail on flower stem, 6.5in.
436. A pair of unusual Bossons Spanish Dancers, male and female versions, copyright 1958, 10in., four Beswick and Beswick-type flying geese, large Royal Doulton character jug, Robin Hood, D6527, two carnival glass vases and a ceramic ceremonial elephant model
437. An unusually small late George III glass decanter, with cut detail, mushroom stopper, circa 1820, 8.75in. - stopper chipped
438. A Wedgwood part teaset, strawberry-pattern, 21 pieces, and other china tableware
439. A Victorian Doulton Lambeth tyg by Eliza Simmance, silver-mount with presentation inscription, cylindrical stoneware body incised and painted with leafage, artist's monogram, 6in. £70-100
440. A Royal Doulton Titanian jardiniere, printed and painted set-pattern design, pattern D4222, 10in. diameter
441. Two Beswick eagles, Bald Eagle, 1018, Golden Eagle, 2062 £50-70
442. Two Beswick cockerels, Leghorn, 1892, another 2059
443. Beswick animals, owl, elephant and a group of seven small birds, also to include an earthenware dog and small owl, one small bird chipped
444. Two Royal Copenhagen animal models, dog and mouse, five Lladro figures, two Royal Doulton dogs and one other item One dog's leg has been broken during viewing £50-70
445. WITHDRAWN A Royal Doulton seriesware plate, The Admiral, D6278, and another, The Squire, D6284, 10.5in.
446. Royal Doulton seriesware, two wall plates, The Admiral, The Squire, another, Cobbler, set of eight Oliver Twist sandwich plates and a set of five dessert dishes, The Gleaners
447. A 19th century Caldas wall plate, modelled with serpent and insects, 9.5in. - repairs, Victorian stoneware harvest jug, Royal Doulton Kingsware ewer, Mr. Micawber, small Troika wheel vase, Carltonware pen-stand, and five other items £50-70
448. A pair of Royal Doulton three-handled planters, and two small Doulton posy vases, tallest 7in.
449. A pair of Bing & Grondahl vases, moulded floral patterns, 6in. - one cracked, a pair of German seagull wall plates, Nao duck group and a pair of ornamental mirrored picture frames
450. Ten various Goebel/Hummel figures £50-70
451. Six Royal Doulton bone china figures, including Biddy Penny Farthing, HN1843, a smaller Coalport figure and a Beswick Blue Tit
452. Five various Goebel/Hummel figures, and a pair of similar wall plaques, one plaque repaired, one figure a.f.
453. Nine various Karl Ens porcelain bird models, two minor faults
454. An assortment of ornamental china models, engraved glass ale stein, mantel clock, leather briefcase, etc. - as viewed
455. A Charlotte Rhead for Crown Ducal wall plate, tube-lined trellis design, pattern 6106, paintress Hannah Williams, bright enamels and green border, 14in. £100-150
456. A Vasart coloured glass vase, green and pink swirls, engraved mark, circa 1950, 9.5in., and a group of six Aynsley bone china soup dishes and stands
457. An 18th century Worcester milk jug, painted in underglaze blue, circa 1770, 4.75in., 18th century Chinese tea canister, Chinese milk jug, and a late George III cut glass decanter, with stopper, 10.5in. - chipped £50-70
458. An early 19th century Vienna coffee can and saucer, finely-painted panel entitled Tombeau de Cicero, and other English and German porcelain tableware £60-80
459. A Moorcroft posy vase, Hibiscus, post-war, painted against a green ground, impressed marks and printed label, Potters to The Late Queen Mary, 5.25in.
460. A large pair of 19th century Japanese floor vases, baluster-shape with twin double-scroll handles, brightly painted with panelled flowers and riverscapes, signed, 22in. £200-300
461. A group of four 18th century Chinese export plates, painted in underglaze blue, 9in. and another, similar, 8.5in.
462. A Japanese carved wood mask, wall-hanging, 8in. high £50-70
463. A Satsuma bulb pot, brightly enamelled against a blue ground, 5in. diameter, set of five Chinese rice-pattern dishes, Japanese cylindrical vase and a gilded blue glass vase
464. A collection of Chinese ceramic figures, male artisans at various pursuits, tallest 13.5in., 28 total
465. A Japanese carved ivory figure, Meiji period, male with two monkeys, engraved detail, unsigned, 8in. Shipping arrangements limited. Buyer beware £150-250
466. A Japanese carved ivory fisherman, Meiji period, figure standing with stick and catch, signed underside, 6.25in. Shipping arrangements limited. Buyer beware £150-250
467. A pair of Satsuma baskets, brightly enamelled, 6in. - repairs, together with a miniature tortoiseshell lute and similar guitar
468. A Japanese ivory figure group, Meiji period, two bearded males and cormorant, engraved detail, signed underside, 7in. - base repaired. Shipping arrangements limited. Buyer beware £150-250
469. A Japanese carved ivory figure, Meiji period, male carrying foal, signed underside, 4.5in. - glue-repaired £100-150
470. A Japanese carved ivory figure, Meiji period, male with two birds and basket of eggs, signed underside, 8in. - neck cracked, and three Indian ivory circular boxes, one box a.f. Shipping arrangements limited. Buyer beware £50-70
471. A Japanese papier mache stationery cabinet, enclosed by doors and drawers, gilded frontage, 11.5in. wide, together with two further Japanese boxes, one with inset carved bone flowers, and a large oval plaque, similarly gilded and carved with bone foliage, 28in. high
472. Tek Sing cargo, sunk February 1822, small circular bowl with set-pattern underglaze blue border, 4.25in.
473. A large Chinese white marble Guan Yin, Goddess of Mercy, be-jewelled female with elaborate head-dress, 35in. high; 24in. wide £300-400
474. A 19th century Canton ivory brush pot, finely carved with figures and foliage, 3.5in. - base lacking Shipping arrangements limited. Buyer beware £200-250
475. A large Satsuma vase, baluster-shape, 21in., and a similar jar with cover, 21in., each on wood plinth
476. A Japanese ivory okinomo, Meiji period, seated male labourer, signed underside, 2.5in. high - some damage £50-70
477. A 19th century Chinese bone dagger, 8in. curved, single-edged blade, within sheath, the whole carved and stained with figures
478. Oriental ceramics, including large pair of enamel vases, 12in., various tea bowls, set of eight dishes, etc. - as viewed
479. A 19th century Japanese carved boxwood ojime, a toad, signed underside, and a similar netsuke, seated female £50-70
480. Eight various gold/yellow metal lockets, 24.5 grams gross total £100-130
481. *Fourteen various 9ct. gold wristwatch components, approx. 36.4oz. grams total £240-280
482. *Thirty-five various 9ct. gold/yellow metal rings, and one 15ct. gold ring, some damage; as viewed, 72.8 grams gross total £500-550
483. *9ct. gold/yellow metal components, 70.2 grams gross total - as viewed £500-550
484. 9ct. gold/yellow metal bracelets, watch-chains and links, 122 grams gross total, also to include a 15ct. gold bracelet, 8 grams £900-1000
485. 9ct. gold/yellow metal watch-clips, 9ct. gold propelling pencil, etc., 61.9 grams - as viewed £400-450
486. *A quantity of 9ct. gold watch-case components, 22 grams total, and 9ct. gold watch chain components, 18.8 grams total £250-300
487. *A collection of 9ct. gold/yellow metal components, 101 grams gross total, as viewed £650-750
488. *Various 9ct. gold/yellow metal rings, 52.7 grams gross total, as viewed £300-400
489. *An engraved 9ct. gold hollow-link bracelet, 18.6 grams, 9ct. gold-link bracelet, 9.9 grams, a yellow metal watch-chain with T-bar, yellow metal gate-link bracelet and one other yellow metal bracelet £450-550
490. *Six various 9ct. gold watch-straps, 39.1 grams total £250-300
491. Three 9ct. gold watchcase components, each on 9ct. gold strap, 30.2 grams £200-250
492. 9ct. gold/yellow metal watch straps and other similar components, 59 grams total £350-400
493. Twelve various 9ct. gold/yellow metal lockets, 35.1 grams gross total £150-200
494. *Four 9ct. gold St. Christopher pendants, 13.4 grams total, four other yellow metal pendants, 11.5 grams total and an engraved yellow metal locket, 3.1 grams including glass £150-200
495. Six 9ct. gold crucifix pendants, and two engraved 9ct. gold cross pendants, 21.2 grams total £120-150
496. Six 9ct. gold crucifix pendants, and eight 9ct. gold cross pendants, 31.3 grams total £200-250
497. *A 9ct. gold pocket watch case, 16.6 grams, and a yellow metal link bracelet £150-200
498. Four various 9ct. gold bangles, 54.3 grams total £350-400
499. A white metal diamond half-hoop ring, three diamonds, claw settings, size R/S £150-200
500. A large silver-mounted cameo brooch, portrait bust of Bacchus, 2.5in. £50-60
501. A Victorian pinchbeck brooch, oval twist form with inset portrait miniature, young female £60-80
502. A Scottish hardstone bracelet, similar rectangular brooch, and a pair of coral ear-rings
503. A Victorian 15ct. gold Masonic ring, three Victorian gold bar brooches and a 9ct. gold stick-pin £70-80
504. Silver and other costume jewellery, two wristwatches, miscellaneous coins, also to include two ceramic dishes £70-80
505. A collection of modern wristwatches, including novelty watches, makes include Zeon, 18 total
506. *Two 18ct. gold and damond half-hoop rings, an engraved platinum ring, 3 grams, and a 9ct. gold band wedding ring, 7.3 grams £120-150
507. A small quantity of costume jewellery
508. A Rolex Oyster Perpetual Datejust chronometer wristwatch, stainless steel with Jubilee bracelet strap, in original fitted box and card presentation box, also to include two Rolex care manuals SEE ILLUSTRATION £1200-1500
509. A 1/10th gold Krugerrand, 1980, on 9ct. gold gate-link bracelet with padlock clasp £120-150
510. A 9ct. gold crucifix pendant, on 9ct. gold fine-link chain, and a 14ct. gold fine-link chain, 5.8 grams total £50-60
511. A gentleman's 9ct. gold Smith's Imperial wristwatch, black dial and baton numerals, reptile strap, in original box, appears unused £250-350
512. A gentleman's 9ct. gold Smith's Imperial wristwatch, champagne dial with Arabic numerals and batons, leather strap, in original box, appears unused £250-300
513. A 14ct. white gold bar brooch, rosette design of eight diamonds and central pearl £120-150
514. A 22ct. gold wedding ring, 2.4 grams, and a 9ct. gold buckle ring, 6.4 grams £100-130
515. Two 9ct. gold rings, pair of 9ct. gold Masonic cuff-links and a pair of 9ct. gold ear-rings, 10.2 grams total £90-100
516. An 18ct. gold diamond solitaire ring, similar 9ct. gold ring, 9ct. gold eternity ring set small rubies, stones incomplete, and a yellow metal elephant ring, stamped 333 £80-120
517. A 9ct. gold gentleman's wristwatch, silver Tonneau wristwatch, crown lacking, two other silver watches and four other watches, etc.
518. A leather jewellery casket, velvet-lined with interior tray, 8in.
519. An engraved platinum band wedding ring, a yellow metal and five-stone diamond half-hoop ring, 18ct. gold cross-over ring set three sapphires and two diamonds, and a 9ct. gold signet ring £50-80
520. A silver-gilt Thanks Badge, a 10ct. gold leaf-shape stick-pin, .835 silver ring and an assortment of costume jewellery
521. A yellow metal diamond and emerald ring, two brilliant-cut diamonds, each approx. 0.75ct., claw settings, central step-cut emerald, carved setting, size L/M £900-1200
522. A yellow metal ring, two circular brilliant-cut diamonds, each approx. 0.8ct., claw settings, central pearl, ring size K £700-900
523. A white metal diamond and seed-pearl brooch, numerous small diamonds and seed-pearls, elongated Art Deco design £500-600
524. A yellow metal twin-strand neck-chain, globular pendant continuously set with small sapphires £200-250
525. *A Victorian 15ct. gold brooch, circular with single brilliant-cut diamond, approx. 0.5ct. £100-150
526. A platinum diamond ring, principal brilliant-cut stone approx. 0.85ct., shoulders and surround set numerous diamond chips, size J/K £150-200
527. A white metal and diamond ribbon brooch, numerous small diamonds £250-300
528. An engraved yellow metal brooch, set large oval citrine, an engraved yellow metal leaf-brooch with central rose-cut diamond chip, and an engraved 10ct. gold leaf brooch
529. A gilt-metal flower brooch, set coloured stones, a paste-set portrait miniature brooch, coral bead necklace, other jewellery and a mixed group of five miniature war medals £120-150
530. A pearl-type necklace, clasp set with old and rose-cut diamonds, a yellow metal bracelet set three amethysts, engraved mark 14, and one other yellow metal bracelet, set turquoises and pearl-type stones £170-200
531. A yellow metal ring, step-cut amethyst and two clear stones, bark-effect, bearing stamp 18ct. £50-70
532. A cased stick-pin, set seed-pearl and two clear stones, together with a pair of 9ct. gold cuff-links, 10.3 grams, silver fruit knife, two pairs of cuff-links, etc. £100-130
533. A 22ct. gold band wedding ring, 3.4 grams, and a 9ct. gold ring, 5.8 grams £100-130
534. An engraved 9ct. gold locket, on 9ct. gold chain, 10.7 grams gross total £90-100
535. A yellow metal diamond and pearl bar brooch, central pearl surrounded by diamond chips, together with a 9ct. gold brooch, circular and set with seed-pearls and red stones £50-70
536. A 22ct. gold band wedding ring, 4.4 grams £100-120
537. A yellow metal stick-pin, pair of yellow metal clips, all contained within a fitted leather case, together with five pairs of gold/yellow metal ear-studs and a circular yellow metal brooch £50-70
538. Two pairs of yellow metal and jade ear-rings £50-70
539. Marcasite and white metal costume jewellery, two pearl-type necklaces, etc. £80-100
540. A 9ct. gold necklace, 9.2 grams, 17.5in. full-length £80-100
541. A 9ct. gold necklace, 19.8 grams, 20.25in. full-length £140-160
542. An 18ct. white gold diamond solitaire ring, brilliant-cut in claw setting, approx. 0.43ct., diamond chips to each shoulder, ring size M/N, boxed with retail history £500-700
543. A quantity of costume jewellery, and wristwatches
544. An 18ct. gold half-hoop ring, set small diamonds and sapphires, Birmingham 1915, size K £70-80
545. A commemorative medallion set, Beijing Olympics, five total, with certificates
546. A pair of 9ct. gold and aquamarine ear-drops, 18ct. gold bar brooch, 9ct. gold ring, charm bracelet and an assortment of costume jewellery £70-80
547. WITHDRAWN LOT A lady's Art Deco platinum and diamond cocktail watch, Baume & Mercier, Geneva, numerous diamond chips £500-600
548. A large white metal peridot dress ring, faceted square stone set within numerous diamond chips, diamond chips to each shoulder, size P Saleroom notice: Estimate £1000/1500. £1000-1500
549. A silver and mother of pearl bracelet, a silver and freshwater pearl necklace, and a white metal and simulated amber brooch, all boxed Saleroom notice: Estimate £100/150 £100-150
550. A collection of modern costume jewellery, largely rings, contained within fitted ring case £50-70
551. A micro-mosaic brooch, oval design of an Italianate square, inset against jet and mounted within yellow metal £80-100
552. Two 9ct. white gold cluster rings, a yellow metal dress ring set large step-cut stone, and a yellow metal leaf-brooch set pearl-type stones £100-150
553. A platinum three-stone diamond half-hoop ring, each stone approx. 0.3ct., claw settings, ring size R £150-200
554. An 18ct. white gold half-hoop ring, set nine small diamonds, ring size T £60-80
555. An Islamic pendant, oval-shape incised with script, and related chain
556. A gentleman's 18ct. gold solitaire ring, single brilliant-cut clear stone ring, size R, 7.9 grams gross total £140-180
557. An 18ct. white gold half-hoop ring, three clear stones within claw settings, ring size O £50-70
558. A yellow metal cameo brooch, yellow metal seed-pearl brooch, two pairs of ear-rings and two other items £80-100
559. An 18ct. gold half-hoop ring, diamond chips within carved setting, ring size P/Q £60-80
560. A yellow metal and diamond half-eternity ring, two further full-eternity rings, set blue and clear stones and two other 9ct. gold rings, (5) £130-150
561. Costume jewellery, including Victorian gilt-metal cameo bangle, filigree brooches and bracelet £80-100
562. Eastern yellow metal bangles, continuously set with red and green stones and seed-pearls £50-70
563. A 9ct. gold bracelet, set fourteen oval, cut amethysts, and a cloth wrist-band set 9ct. gold and seed-pearl monogram £70-80
564. Silver jewellery, to include six rings, Bulgari pendant on chain, bracelet, three various pendants
565. A 15ct. gold locket, set single small diamond, portrait photographs enclosed, 7.4 grams gross total £100-150
566. An 18ct. gold, diamond and sapphire cluster ring, platinum claw settings, ring size K, also to include a pair of sapphire and diamond ear-studs £100-150
567. A 15ct. gold leaf-brooch, set opals and red stones, and an 18ct. gold cameo ring, carved flower £100-130
568. Two 1930's 9ct. gold diamond solitaire rings, each platinum-set, and two yellow metal eternity rings £120-150
569. A yellow metal dress ring, set single clear stone, ring size M £50-70
570. A 14ct. gold and citrine dress ring, and a yellow metal half-hoop ring, set five clear stones £80-100
571. An 18ct. gold diamond and sapphire half-hoop ring, four sapphires, three diamonds, ring size K/L £60-80
572. An 18ct. gold ring, claw-set with large pearl-type stone, ring size L/M £50-70
573. A 14ct. white gold solitaire ring, and three various 9ct. gold dress rings £100-150
574. An 18ct. gold diamond solitaire ring, Art Deco shouldered design, size M, and one other gold and diamond half-hoop ring, hallmark indistinct £70-100
575. Assorted jewellery, including silver filigree, carved jade pendant, pearl-type necklaces £50-60
576. A collection of costume jewellery, including silver and abalone bracelet, contained within fitted black vinyl case £100-150
577. A collection of semi-precious stones, some cut, un-mounted £100-150
578. A Burmese cast white metal belt, set coloured hardstones, and another, embossed peacock designs £100-150
579. A lady's 9ct. gold wristwatch, enamelled dial with subsidiary seconds, London 1916, together with a 9ct. gold and tiger's-eye pendant, and two other pendants, set coloured stones £80-100
580. Five various 9ct. gold rings, including large opal and citrine cluster £150-200
581. An 18ct. gold cluster ring, set red and green stones, single seed-pearl, ring size Q, and an 18ct. gold diamond and sapphire cross-over ring, one diamond lacking £130-150
582. A yellow metal serpent bangle, set single turquoise and two clear stone chips, 38.9 grams gross total £650-700
583. A 9ct. gold cameo ring, together with a 9ct. gold tiger's-eye dress ring and a 9ct. gold dress ring cluster-set with green stones £100-150
584. A Victorian pietre dure brooch, oval floral design, and a reconstituted amber bead necklace
585. Four various 9ct. gold dress rings, set coloured stones £100-150
586. A yellow metal bracelet, set large brilliant-cut stones, perhaps lemon quartz £300-350
587. Costume jewellery, including Siam silver brooch and various rings £70-80
588. A pair of yellow metal ear studs, claw-set large clear stones, indistinct marks £50-70
589. A large collection of wristwatches, some boxed
590. An assortment of white metal jewellery, together with a circular pearl-shell box and an half-round Burmese white metal box with hinged cover and engraved detail £70-80
591. A modern 18ct. white gold solitaire ring, claw-set single diamond, ring size O £50-70
592. *An 18ct. gold rosette ring, pave-set with seven diamond chips in platinum setting, and a yellow metal eternity ring, set clear stones £60-80
593. An engraved yellow metal pocket watch, dial and movement signed Le Comte, Geneve £100-150
594. A 19th century engraved yellow metal brooch, set large amethyst £80-100
595. A 9ct. three-colour gold necklace, 26.5 grams £200-250
596. *A 9ct. gold gate-link bracelet, with padlock clasp, 5.3 grams, and a 9ct. gold necklace, 9.1 grams £120-150
597. An engraved 9ct. gold bangle, 6.6 grams, and an Italian 9ct. gold bangle, 8.1 grams £120-150
598. A gentleman's 9ct. gold ring, set single dark stone, 18ct. gold diamond and sapphire riing, Victorian 15ct. gold and ruby ring and two 9ct. gold dress rings £60-80
599. Two lady's 9ct. gold wristwatches, two yellow metal dress rings, three pairs of 9ct. gold ear-rings, etc. (12) £100-150
600. A large quantity of costume jewellery
601. A quantity of costume jewellery
602. A modern 9ct. gold, sapphire and diamond-chip ring, and two other 9ct. gold rings, set blue and red stones £100-150
603. Assorted costume jewellery, perpetual calendar pocket watch in engraved silver case, a.f., three other watches, miscellaneous coins, etc.
604. An 18ct. gold diamond and sapphire cluster ring, central sapphire claw settings, size K £70-100
605. An 18ct. gold diamond and ruby cluster ring, central ruby, claw settings, size L £70-80
606. A pair of yellow metal diamond and ruby ear-rings, 8-shape, central rubies £200-300
607. A white metal diamond and emerald ring, two diamonds, central emerald, stamped 18, size R £120-150
608. An 18ct. gold diamond solitaire ring, size Q £100-150
609. A 14ct. gold dress ring, set large blue cabachon and small diamonds, size O/P £180-220
610. A platinum diamond and sapphire ring, central sapphire and two diamonds, claw settings, size U £180-250
611. An 18ct. gold diamond cluster ring, circular rosette form, size O £400-500
612. An 18ct. gold diamond and sapphire cluster ring, rosette form with four sapphires and diamond chips, size Q £100-150
613. An 18ct. gold diamond and sapphire cluster ring, heart-shape with central sapphire, size P £100-150
614. A gentleman's yellow metal ring, set single diamond, size P £180-220
615. An 18ct. gold diamond solitaire ring, raised claw setting, size N £100-150
616. An 18ct. white gold diamond cluster ring, seven small diamonds, claw settings, size O £70-80
617. An 18ct. gold diamond half-hoop ring, three small diamonds, claw settings, size P?Q £120-150
618. An 18ct. white gold diamond solitaire ring, square, step-cut diamond, size K/L £120-150
619. A 14ct. white gold diamond and sapphire cluster ring, central sapphire, size M £70-80
620. An 18ct. gold diamond half-hoop ring, three small diamonds, claw settings, size M £130-160
621. An 18ct. gold diamond cluster ring, seven small diamonds, claw settings, size S £80-120
622. An 18ct. gold diamond half-hoop ring, five small diamonds, claw settings, size K/L £80-120
623. An 18ct. white gold flexible ring, set numerous clear stones in three-row settings, signed Fratelli Bovo, size S £80-120
624. A diamond brooch, numerous diamonds in floral yellow and white metal settings £180-250
625. A white metal diamond cluster ring, rosette claw settings with diamond-chip shoulders, size K £100-150
626. An 18ct. gold diamond and sapphire cross-over ring, claw settings, size O £150-200
627. An 18ct. rose-gold diamond cluster ring, small diamonds in oval claw settings, size O £100-150
628. An 18ct. white gold diamond cluster ring, seven small diamonds in rosette claw settings £120-150
629. An 18ct. gold diamond cross-over ring, three small diamonds, claw settings, size O £80-120
630. A yellow metal diamond ring, principal brilliant-cut stone, approx. 0.6ct., six smaller diamonds, engraved shoulders, size L £350-450
631. A 9ct. white gold diamond solitaire ring, cross-over setting, an 18ct. white gold diamond ring, and an 18ct. gold diamond half-eternity ring £140-180
632. An 18ct. gold diamond solitaire ring, size M £120-150
633. An 18ct. gold diamond and emerald cluster ring, central emerald, size K/L £100-150
634. A pair of yellow metal diamond and sapphire cluster ear-rings, central sapphire and diamond chips, unmarked £200-300
635. An 18ct. gold diamond half-hoop ring, three brilliant-cut diamonds, platinum claw settings, size L/M £250-350
636. An 18ct. gold diamond and opal cluster ring, central oval opal, ten old-cut diamonds, size O £100-150
637. An 18ct. gold diamond and sapphire half-hoop ring, seven graduated diamonds and sapphires, claw settings, size M £120-180
638. An 18ct. gold diamond solitaire ring, brilliant-cut stone, approx. 0.4ct., claw setting, size M £180-250
639. A white gold diamond and citrine dress ring, large oval citrine, claw settings, size M/N £350-450
640. An 18ct. gold diamond solitaire ring, claw setting, size P, and a yellow metal diamond and ruby ring, half-hoop design with two small diamonds, central ruby, size N/O £120-150
641. An 18ct. gold five-stone diamond ring, size P/Q £100-150
642. An 18ct. gold diamond half-hoop ring, three square diamonds, claw settings, size P, and an 18ct. gold diamond solitaire ring, platinum claw setting, size J £150-200
643. *An 18ct. gold open-face pocket watch, enamelled dial signed Edward, Glasgow, keyless wind, Birmingham 1936 £300-400
644. *An 18ct. gold open-face pocket watch, enamelled dial with subsidiary seconds, maker London Watch Co., No. 29526 £300-400
645. A set of five silver photograph frames, and a small assortment of silver plated ware £80-100
646. A circular silver jewellery casket, pair of silver candlesticks, two rectangular silver photograph frames, smaller oval silver photograph frame and two other items £60-80
647. An engraved silver half-hunter pocket watch, engraved silver cigarette case, pair of small engraved silver photograph frames, vesta case and three other items £60-80
648. A silver RAF badge, seven similar badges, a millennium silver napkin ring, embossed silver pepper pot, pair of silver plated chop sticks, and three other items
649. A silver plated three-piece teaset, half-fluted form, and a plated hot water jug
650. A quantity of silver plated ware, and a part set of King's pattern cutlery
651. A cased silver communion set, chalice, oil bottle, pyx, paten and spoon, London 1965/66, one glass bottle replace £80-100
652. An Indian silver pedestal trophy, engraved with a continuous floral border, presentation inscription, Poona, 1876, approx. 16.5oz., together with a pair of silver-mounted glass condiments, two pairs of silver cuff-links and a Chinese silver coin £130-150
653. A Victorian oak and silver plated butter dish, cover with acorn handle, engine-turned argyle, and other plated ware
654. An engine-turned silver cigarette box, Birmingham 1961 and a silver cigarette case, engraved script Connaught Rangers, Birmingham 1902 £60-80
655. A quantity of silver plated ware, as viewed
656. Small silverware, including engraved vesta case and two cigarette cases, 8 items total £70-80
657. Small silverware, including pair of candlesticks, pair of posy vases and flatware £80-120
658. A quantity of silver plated ware, including a four-piece tea set and a canteen of cutlery
659. A Victorian Irish silver milk jug, hexagonal-shape with engraved detail, Dublin 1867, a cased silver three-piece cruet set, two silver coffee spoons, cased silver butter knife and five other small items £60-80
660. An Art Nouveau silver rose-bowl, circular pedestal form inset with three gold coins, Order of Malta, 10 Scudi, two dated 1763, three-handled cup with a domed open cover, Birmingham, 1918, approx. 23oz. £200-250
661. An oval, eastern white metal dish, 6.25in., similar ash-tray, silver napkin ring, Victorian pair of silver sugar tongs, oak-cased set of fish knives and forks, one fork missing, etc.
662. A Liberty's miniature silver timepiece, in the style of Archibald Knox, circular blue-green enamelled dial with Arabic numerals, French movement, on ball toes, Birmingham 1912, with a key, 3.5in. SEE ILLUSTRATION £850-1000
663. A St. Petersburg 84 zlotnik and niello box, hinged cover engraved with a Russian square, assayed 1860, maker's mark A G, 3in. £150-200
664. A set of three late Georgian silver bottle tickets, including rare Bucellas, perhaps London 1810 £100-150
665. A miniature silver-mounted sword, 4in., four various stick-pins, yellow metal and jet ring, engraved silver pocket watch, engraved silver bangle, all contained within small printed wood box
666. A George III silver basting spoon, London 1809, and a Victorian silver porringer, embossed with cartouche and half-fluted, London 1893, approx. 9oz. total £70-80
667. A silver-mounted lead crystal decanter, with stopper, pair of silver bottle labels, three silver napkin rings and an assortment of silver plated ware
668. A quantity of silver plated ware, cocktail shaker, two toast racks, etc.
669. An unusual graduated set of six silver-mounted horn beakers, Edinburgh 1910, contained within original leather flask, tallest 5in.
670. A silver candle extinguisher, with long handle, Birmingham 1961, together with an embossed silver wine taster, London 1938
671. A silver tankard, tapering cylindrical form, Birmingham 1936, approx. 10oz. £120-150
672. An early 19th century Dutch silver box, square-shape with engraved, hinged cover, 2in.
673. Small silverware, to include Edwardian embossed matchbox holder, Chester 1902, and a pair of Georgian sugar nips £100-150
674. Two embossed silver brushes, loaded silver posy vase, other small silver and plated ware
675. A circular silver bowl, fluted form, Sheffield 1977, approx. 13oz., 8in. diameter £150-200
676. A George III engraved silver sugar tong, maker I. S., two silver posy vases, three silver-handled button hooks and two other items £60-80
677. A Victorian silver egg cruet, four egg-cups on square stand, Martin & Hall, Sheffield 1887, approx. 17oz. £180-220
678. A white metal box, rectangular with engraved and cast cover, underside engraved with flowers and leaf-scrolls, 5in. wide £50-70
679. An engine-turned silver cigarette case, 6.5in. - inscribed, a cased set of six silver coffee spoons, plated coaster and a Danish plated letter rack £50-60
680. A set of twelve plated and engraved fish knives and forks, contained within oak case, and two cased pairs of fish servers
681. A silver and mother of pearl cigarette case, Birmingham 1929, Asprey miniature silver hand-mirror, London 1912, silver plated grape shears and two other items £50-70
682. A silver and translucent enamel dressing table set, four pieces, lily deocration, Birmingham 1913 £100-120
683. Two part-sets of Swedish silver plated cutlery
684. A silver-mounted cut glass atomiser, similar scent bottle with screw cover and an embossed silver trinket dish
685. A canteen of silver plated cutlery, plated and embossed spirit kettle, on burner stand, pair of spiral candlesticks, cased set of six napkin rings, etc.
686. An Edward VII silver toast rack, London 1904, approx. 5.75oz.
687. Two engine-turned silver cigarette cases, approx. 8.25oz. total £70-80
688. Small silverware, including three bottles with silver mounts, also to include a white metal tea strainer £50-60
690. Two silver portrait photograph frames, silver dressing table accessories, (5), silver-mounted glass atomiser, silver novelty baby rattle in the form of a bear, Birmingham 1925, silver and Blue John pill box and three other items £100-150
691. A set of silver plated bead-pattern cultery, other plated cutlery, eight-bar toast rack, etc.
692. A pair of novelty silver menu holders, each in the form of two perched owls, Birmingham 1907, together with a silver-mounted cut glass ointment bottle with scoop, 3in. and a miniature silver two-handled trophy £60-80
693. Chinese silver, sectional basket with swing handle, 2.75in. high, a sifter spoon and a hut pendant
694. Small silverware, cylindrical mustard pot with hinged cover, Hutton & Sons, Sheffield, 1900, pair of salts, pair of bead-pattern server spoons and a pair of embossed silver pepper casters £50-60
695. A Goldsmiths & Silversmiths Co. canteen of plated cutlery, incomplete, and a Victorian mahogany knife-box and assorted cutlery £50-60
696. A late Georgian tortoiseshell and silver pique necessaire, incomplete, two small silver boxes, and four other items
697. A canteen of King's pattern plated cutlery, and two boxed stainless steel cutlery sets
698. A silver half-hunter pocket watch, on silver chain £50-80
699. Roger de la Corbiere - oil on canvas, entitled verso Moonlight on St. Lunaire, signed, Aldridge label verso, 18 x 21in. £50-100
700. Rex Phillips - oil on canvas, HMS Endurance in the Antartic, signed, dated '84, inscribed and labelled verso, 20 x 30in., and resultant published Christmas card £150-200
701. F S N - pair of marine watercolours, monogrammed and dated '04, 7 x 20in.
702. T. M. Watts - WWI oil on board, battleships in combat, signed and dated '16, some history verso, 8 x 11in., a pair of oils on board, same artist, a large oil on board, Betws Y Coed, signed W. Bange and dated 1922, 48 x 30in. and a moulded gilt wall mirror
703. Formerly attributed to David Cox - 19th century watercolour, country pathway with figures, bearing a signature, moulded gilt frame, 21 x 25in. - remains of old label verso £50-70
704. A quantity of household pictures, all framed
705. E. St. John - watercolour, panoramic view at Ashcombe, near Lewes, signed, 12 x 19in. £100-150
706. Philip D. Hawkins - oil on canvas, Ventnor Railway Station featuring British Railways tank locomotive, Calbourne, signed, 16 x 20in. £300-400
707. Mike Turner, railway artist, railway station at Shoreham-by-Sea, British Railways passenger locomotive approaching, signed and dated '91, 10 x 14in. £200-250
708. Mike Turner - railway artist, Southampton Central railway station with steam passenger locomotives approaching and departing, signed and dated '89, 12 x 18in. £150-200
709. Mike Turner, railway artist - watercolour, steam locomotives at Brighton Station, signed and dated '91, 14 x 20in. £200-250
710. A Victorian marine watercolour - harbour with moored boating and figures, unsigned, 22 x 30in.
711. A primitive WWI oil on board, apparent attack of an ocean-going liner from German bi-plane, indistinctly monogrammed lower right, 13 x 27in. - diagonal cracks lower left
712. An abstract modern artwork, thick impasto on board, 24 x 48in. and a group of other framed pictures
713. P. Nasmyth - 19th century oil on board, country house and gardens, signed, 10 x 14in. £100-150
714. Naray Aurel (Hungarian, 1883-1948) - Impressionist oil on canvas, mother and young child, signed, 26 x 22in. £250-350
715. Colin Selly - oil on canvas, woman seated at window, signed, 40 x 30in.
716. Pergal - oil on board, continental harbour with moored boats and distant buildings, signed, labelled verso, 13 x 46in. - some flakes to oils £100-150
717. A 19th century oil on board, riverside pathway with figures and horses, unsigned, 18 x 24in. - unsightly spots; cleaned £50-100
718. H. Cranmore - still life watercolour, signed and dated 1851, 13 x 17in., oval coloured silk tapestry, oval, carved wood mirror and one other framed picture
719. •George Cockram RI RCA (1861-1950) - watercolour, entitled verso, The Dunes, Cymmeran Bay, Rhosneigr, Anglesey, signed, hand-written label verso, 9.5 x 14in., in original frame SEE ILLUSTRATION £800-1200
720. James Lambert jnr (1741-1799) - pen and watercolour, Lewes Castle, with foreground graveyard, signed and dated 1792, 13 x 18in. SEE ILLUSTRATION Footnote: Lewes Castle was built by William de Warenne, 1st Earl of Surrey and brother-in-law of William I 'the Conqueror' in 1087. It was always an important bastion of medieval power and in 1264 played a significant part in the Battle of Lewes. As a consequence of the battle, the King came under the control of de Montfort with his son Edward confined (in some comfort) as a guarantor of his father's good behavior. However, a year later at the Battle of Evesham, Simon de Montfort was heavily defeated by the King and Prince Edward who had escaped from captivity to organise opposition to the rebel barons. De Montfort was killed alongside his son Henry. The war dragged on for two more years but complete reconciliation did not come until 1275 with 'the Provisions of Oxford' £400-600
721. James Lambert jnr. (1741-1779) - pen and watercolour, inscribed, 'St. Nicholas's Hospital, Lewes', oval, signed and dated 1779, 9 x 12in. - label verso Footnote: James Lambert junior was the nephew and pupil of the landscape artist James Lambert Senior (1735-1788). Originally a coach and sign painter he later turned to landscape painting in both oils and watercolour. Most of his known work (he is a rare artist) concerns topographical and landscape subjects. He lived in Lewes and his work is represented in several public collections and galleries, including the Lewes Castle Museum. The V&A has works by Lambert who exhibited at the RA 1769-78. £200-300
722. James Lambert jnr. (1741-1779) - pen and watercolour, inscribed, 'St. Nicholas's Hospital, Lewes', oval, signed and dated 1779, 9 x 12in. - label verso Footnote: James Lambert junior was the nephew and pupil of the landscape artist James Lambert Senior (1735-1788). Originally a coach and sign painter he later turned to landscape painting in both oils and watercolour. Most of his known work (he is a rare artist) concerns topographical and landscape subjects. He lived in Lewes and his work is represented in several public collections and galleries, including the Lewes Castle Museum. The V&A has works by Lambert who exhibited at the RA 1769-78.
723. James Lambert jnr. (1741-1799) - pen and watercolour inscribed, 'St. Peter's West-Out, Lewes', oval, signed and dated 1779, 9 x 12in. - label verso Footnote: James Lambert junior was the nephew and pupil of the landscape artist James Lambert Senior (1735-1788). Originally a coach and sign painter he later turned to landscape painting in both oils and watercolour. Most of his known work (he is a rare artist) concerns topographical and landscape subjects. He lived in Lewes and his work is represented in several public collections and galleries, including the Lewes Castle Museum. The V&A has works by Lambert who exhibited at the RA 1769-78.
724. James Lambert jnr. (1741-1799) - pen and watercolour, inscribed, 'The Inside of the West-Gate, Lewes', oval, signed and dated 1779, 9 x 12in. - label verso Footnote: James Lambert junior was the nephew and pupil of the landscape artist James Lambert Senior (1735-1788). Originally a coach and sign painter he later turned to landscape painting in both oils and watercolour. Most of his known work (he is a rare artist) concerns topographical and landscape subjects. He lived in Lewes and his work is represented in several public collections and galleries, including the Lewes Castle Museum. The V&A have works by Lambert who exhibited at the RA 1769-78.
725. Albert Pollitt (1856-1926) - late 19th century watercolour, cottage and traveller in mountainous landscape, signed and dated, 1898, 14 x 22in.
726. Albert Pollitt (1856-1926) - late 19th century watercolour, sheep and shepherd in mountain glen, signed and dated 1898, 14 x 22in. £80-120
727. Richmond Marks - watercolour, fishing cutters in rough seas, initialled, 9 x 15in. £200-300
728. Alexander Carruthers Gould (1870-1948) - watercolour, Windsor Castle from the water meadows, signed, 11 x 18in. £80-120
729. Mabel Spurrier (fl. 1920-40) - watercolour, Eton College with middle-distant figures, horse-drawn cart, signed, 17 x 15in. £80-120
730. Alexander Carruthers Gould (1870-1948) - watercolour, castle ruins with foreground hay-makers, signed, 11in. x 18in. £80-120
731. Charles Harrington (1865-1943) - watercolour near Nutley, Sussex, signed, labelled verso, 7.5 x 10.5in. £80-120
732. A Victorian oil on canvas - seated female wearing black dress, long gold chain, a book by her side, unsigned, 34 x 29in. - some damage £50-70
733. A large oil on canvas - portrait of John Ribblesdale after John Singer-Sargent, unsigned, 5ft. x 3ft. 4in. £70-100
734. A large oil on canvas - half-length portrait of John Singer-Sargent, unsigned, 5ft. x 3ft. 4in.
735. A large oil on canvas - three-quarter length portrait of Lady Sassoon after John Singer-Sargent, with elaborate head-dress, indistinctly signed, 5ft. x 3ft. 5in. £60-80
736. A late Victorian oil on canvas - portrait of a bearded gentleman, seated with book, unsigned, 36 x 28in. - relined
737. A Victorian oil on canvas - half-length portrait of a gentleman, black jacket and white cravat, unsigned, 30 x 25in.
738. D. Gordon Shields - oil on canvas, portrait of a seated, balding gentleman, signed, 30 x 25in.
739. A mid-19th century oil on canvas - half-length portrait of a lady, evening dress, unsigned, 30 x 24in. £100-150
740. An oil on canvas - young seated lady, torn, frameless oil, copy of Gainsborough's Blue Boy, and another, male wearing boater